Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oasis

If I could be bothered, I would photograph the desk area that I have managed to carve out of the shelves in the dining room; getting rid of the redundant dressing up clothes and asking J to remove a couple of slats from the shelf above them has created an area where I can finally sit with the laptop and have a place to work that's not used for anything else at all. I am very pleased with this.
Saw Dad this afternoon - much as usual - and this evening we drove up to Oxford to a birthday party - a splendidly multilingual gathering which at one stage had Serbian conversation in the kitchen, French in the hall and English in the sitting room. E beat a very sinister looking Serb with a ponytail (male, fortyish) at table football; the table football set having been bought by our friends' 10 year old son with money he's earned from busking with his violin. That's entrepeneurship in action.

No comments: