Busy, busy day today; work in the morning, which was fine but busy - full waiting room and everything - then nice drive back through sunny spring-like day, then brief stop at home and up to Stockwell to meet up with two friends I was at school with and have never seen since until one of them recognised me at Discover Dogs last November. It's 26 years since I saw the other, who has led a very eventful life since, and is now apparently running a very successful career at one of the big banks in conjunction with two small children and two houses, which she lives in alternate weeks and lets out for one week lets on the intervening weeks; astonishing. I can't say I regret having had my children ten years earlier in life than she did, or the dull but pleasant course my life has led, but it was disconcerting to see how differently other's lives go. Anyway, it was amazing to meet them both again, and incredible how, as always with people one's known from an early age, we were able instantly to resume where we had left off and discuss Deep Things in a way one never would with new friends, so quickly. S may have made another convert to poodles, too.
In fact, the only fly in the ointment was the horrible traffic on the way there: I just don't think I could cope with living in London any more. Grim, grim.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment