Today it has rained so much that the rain has come right through the wall at the surgery (an old brick wall with no damp course, to be fair) and trickled across under the sink and out across the floor. On the way home, in the pitch dark, I drove through an enormous puddle that sprayed out all over the windscreen and stalled the engine, and the number of flooded drains spurting out impromptu fountains here and there in the road was legion. All the clients were too sensible to come out anyway; they all stayed at home, so I just played Solitaire at work - and collected Copper's ashes, which are in a surprisingly tasteful small china urn with a picture of forget me nots on it. This will raise the issue, in due course, of what I do with the urn when it's empty: I don't want to keep the ashes for ever, but somehow throwing the urn away seems very callous. Maybe I should consider keeping dog biscuits in it?
Had coffee with a mother from J's old class today, comparing notes about secondary school situations. Very comforting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment