Well, J was back to school today, and I am finally beginning to deal with the domestic backlog that's accumulated during the last three weeks of cardiac crises (father in law), Christmas entertaining and visiting, and the last weekend. So I spent at least 1 1/2 hours this morning reducing the ironing mountain to an ironing foothill, did 3 lots of washing, cleaned the bathroom (including washing off the revolting cat litter that's stuck to the bathroom floor), hoovered upstairs (not very well), iced a Tunis tribute cake, roasted a chicken, and did several sinkfuls of washing up. Everywhere still looks like a jumble sale stirred round by a giant, but it is a little better than it was.
I am missing Copper dreadfully, but I do have to say that it is already noticeably easier to cope, without her urinating on the floor several times a day, and with that much less dog hair and mud being brought in. I suppose it's only 48 hours since she went, still; I need to be gentle to myself and give the dust a bit longer to settle. The metaphorical dust, that is: the physical dust has been settled quite long enough already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment