In happier dog news, we spent a long time this evening bathing and clipping S, and are pleased with the result.

I don't at all think of myself as a grooming type, either of dogs or of myself, but I have to say this is quite fun; sort of living craftwork, I suppose. I'm in a craft mindset at the moment: my Christmas present from J's mother arrived (which I'd ordered for her), which is a tapestry kit of a William de Morgan design of two hares, produced by Fine Cell Work, a very worthy charity that teaches prisoners how to do tapestry and other needlework, thereby giving them an interest, a new skill and a small income, and also enabling customers to get beautifully made things at less cost than would otherwise be possible (unless they used Third World labour, I suppose).
Here is the design I chose.
So far I have done about 2 leaves. Being such a simple colour scheme, it's very calming, which is nice.
In other news, it's still raining, J has some sort of mild fever, so Mum didn't come to supper this evening, and we are starting to think about choosing a summer holiday. Goulash and leftover pistachio fudge tonight. Monday tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment