Another Saturday: I woke (on the sofa) to the sound of heavy rain, and am now typing this to the sound of more heavy rain, although it was sunny in between, and the days are definitely not quite as short as they were. E rode this morning; J went into Guildford with a friend. This afternoon I did various errands - returned lots of dreadfully overdue library books and bought some food. M*rrison's is incredibly cheap for food, although very busy and not much fun to shop in. I spent £120 on what should be more or less two weeks' work of food, other than meat, and some cupboard staples, including two small Pyrex bowls and a few random extravagances, such as agave nectar. Although we are by no means hard up, I'm trying to spend less on food and other flexible areas of expenditure -if we ever hope to move house, I need to do something.
Food tonight - ham hash cakes, made from part of the left over Christmas ham, with broccoli - approx cost £3 plus the ham, which was about £30 originally, but has already done a party for 12 people and two meals for four - and there's still plenty left, if I can muster the energy to use it.
Books read - read "Black Powder War" by Naomi Novik - such a fun series. For some reason I'd not managed to get round to this for so long that I'd renewed it the maximum number of times at the library - but when I finally opened it, it was just as good as the others in the series, and I read it all today.
Progress towards moving - not so much.
Dog at night - went to sleep without me saying anything to her, for the first time; but I rather think I'm stuck on the sofa for a little longer. It's quite fun, when it's raining; I like nestling down among the throws and listening to the rain on the roof - it's like camping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment