Today, I bathed, dried and clipped S (trimming with scissors still to go), went to the supermarket, made lunch, went to see my father, collected my mother, cooked roast beef with all the trimmings, sorted out J's kit for school tomorrow, marked Ellen's homework, and managed to waste less time on the Internet than usual.
Books read: started "Riders of the Purple Sage" by Zane Grey, which is the last in my box of vintage adventure stories, and I think I left the worst till last. I can't work out what all the characters are doing (other than riding about in purple sage in Utah); I don't believe that even a good cowboy could ride a blind horse 60 miles across a desert in a day, and, worst of all, I'm on about chapter 5 and I don't care about any of them. Mum says that my grandfather (Dad's father) loved Zane Grey, but I can't say I see why.
Moving progress: another 1/3 of the decorations in boxes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment