I've seen this on a couple of blogs, and it makes a good post for today, which has been an in-between sort of day. It's interesting how few of these I haven't done but want to - I suppose that's good, if I'm half way or so through my life.
Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. Yes, obviously.
2. Slept under the stars.If you count a very thin tent with the flap open, anyway; but not absolutely with nothing between me and the sky, no.
3. Played in a band. Not unless you count "Guitar Hero" on Wii over New Year, and I was pretty bad at that, too.
4. Visited Hawaii - doesn't particularly appeal to me as a dream destination, but I wouldn't refuse if someone offered to take me.
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Not more than I can afford, and not likely to, I'm sorry to say.
7. Been to Disneyland/world Yes, in Florida, twice - once in about 1990 pre-children, once in about 2001, when the children were little.
8. Climbed a mountain - not unless you count hills, or going about a third of the way up Snowdon before we all gave up (Jenny was lying down in a field and refusing to move).
9. Held a praying mantisI think so, anyway. I've certainly held stick insects and locusts and tarantulas, so I think this is a moral count in, at least.
10. Sang a solo.In the school production of "The Beggar's Opera" - three of them!
11. Bungee jumped. Not in a million years would I do this.
12. Visited Paris. Last October, with J, and three times before that.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
I think so: I've certainly been in harbour in Alderney and lived through a massive storm, and I'm fairly sure it started before we got there, but I can't really remember. Too traumatic, I expect.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.Painting (not very well);touch typing (surely that counts?)
15. Adopted a child. That part of my life is done now, I think.
16. Had food poisoning. Hasn't everyone?
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. No, but I've seen it, and I have been to the top of the Twin Towers : (
18. Grown your own vegetables. Not very well, but a few tomatoes and courgettes, now and then, yes.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.Yes, through Europe when Interailing.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.Yes, along Offa's Dyke in 1984. With my then boyfriend
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. No, I just wouldn't do that.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb. I'm a vet!!
26. Gone skinny dipping. Not quite, but topless. I wouldn't mind if the circumstances were suitable, but I can't say I'm longing for the chance.
27. Run a marathon. Why would anyone do this?
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Been there, seen the gondolas, parents said they were too expensive.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Not quite, but seen the good partial one back in 2000 or so.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. This is daft. Is there anyone old enough to do this meme (and not blind) who hasn't?
31. Hit a home run. Even if I were American I bet I wouldn't have done this.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Which ones? The ones in Chiswick? Launceston? Ayr? Seen all of them.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Does teaching myself to say "Colossal boulder" in Russian count?
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Satisfied enough, but a bit more would be nice ; )
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person; not that bothered if I don't.
39. Gone rock climbing. No thank you.
40. Seen Michaelangelo's David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. No, but I'd like to.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. I hope I'm not mean, but this doesn't particularly appeal.
44. Visited Africa. Tunisia
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Yes, in Florida, Carolina and Cornwall, at least.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. I'm sure nobody aspires to this. I've called one twice though; once when J had his suspected heart attack, and once when I found an old lady collapsed outside her house, years ago.
47. Had your portrait painted.In pastels, when I was a toddler.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. No interest in this.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.There are a lot of Paris questions in this. Yes, did this in October, not for the first time.
51. Gone scuba diving. Snorkelling in the Med and scuba diving in the pool; too wimpy to scuba dive for real, though, but I have put the tank and things on.
52. Kissed in the rain.Oh yes.
53. Played in the mud. Don't think so.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - no, but yoga?
59. Visited Russia.Hungary is as near as I've got.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching Dolphins, anyway.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.Not for a long time....
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving. Of everything on this list, this is the thing I would least like to do, so far.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a cheque. No, never.
68. Flown in a helicopter. I was bought a helicopter ride for my 40th and didn't use it, that's how little I want to do that :(
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. William, my pink rabbit, you are still in my bedroom!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Is that the big sculpture in Dakota? I'd like to see that.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt. Started but not finished.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. No, but have been made redundant once.
76. Seen the changing of the guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycleWell, a moped with J in Thailand. OK, it wasn't that fast, but we weren't wearing helmets...
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. Written, yes. Published, no.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. No, but about 2/3 of it.
86. Visited the White House. Does seeing the outside count?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone's life.If you count getting J to the hospital when she had severe croup; otherwise, only animals.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a Book Club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.Oh yes.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Books read today - "King Solomon's Mines", by H Rider Haggard. Great story, but my goodness, the racism is dreadful - not to mention the scene where they kill 8 elephants, just for fun...
Progress to moving - well, packed away about 1/3 of the Christmas decorations, which is something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment