So, here I am, having rented a storage unit to move the crap into, a couple of weeks ago, trying (again) to get a slightly better grip on the house and suchlike, and cut back on spending with the credit crunch, and so on.
I went to the market today and bought: potatoes, parsnips, spinach, asparagus, a red pepper, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, grapes, coriander, cucumber, a pineapple, bananas, watercress, a lettuce, pak choi, two avocados and some broccoli - think that's all - total cost just over £20 - not too bad, for a week's worth of veg etc. Also bought a new paper shredder, as the old one is defunct, so I can resume getting rid of old bits of paper, such as a clutch of random 2001 bank statements I recently found; and various other minor items. Home, lunch, hung out some washing, hoovered the sitting room (not before time) and cut some branches off the cherry tree - stopped part way through because a) I was running out of time and b) I thought it might be too much of a shock for it if I cut off all its branches at the same time.
This evening, not so much seems to have got done, but I hope for better things tomorrow. Hope is free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment