Monday, February 19, 2007
This is getting kind of tedious
I am really fed up with the lingering post viral fatigue thingy that's been dogging me for weeks. I wrote about the illness on the other (babymaking) blog - you can reach it via my profile on the right, because I can't currently stir myself to updating the links on this blog. When I look back over the last few weeks, I am making some sort of slow progress, but it's like watching paint dry. I'm back at work, but only because I work so few hours a week anyway; if I worked full time, there is no way I would currently be able to hold down a job. There are very few symptoms now: just somewhat enlarged glands that make swallowing feel a little strange (but not really painful) and a variable but not totally incapacitating fatigue, although various other minor twinges and dysfunctions come and go. As long as I do nothing but sit and surf the Internet, I feel more or less normal, but any exertion, such as a few minutes work in the kitchen, is quite disproportionately fatiguing, on a bad day; on a good day, I'm more like a (not very active) normal person. I suppose that if things don't improve soon, I shall have to return to the doctor, but I'm deeply reluctant. Still, it could be worse: one of E's friends has just had an eardrum rupture, and at least here things are less dramatic than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment