Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday night

I don't know what happened to yesterday's photo: it seems to have been replaced by a small white square, just when I thought everything was going so well. I suppose I'll just have to see if it comes back again through some legerdemain of Blogger.
Meanwhile, E has returned from a weekend of social dissipation: a theatre trip birthday party followed by a sleepover followed by a jewellery making party (it's a social whirl, the year your friends turn nine), and is now in bed, having removed the new jewellery. John has received a text from work, potentially recruiting him for an 18 month contract in Qatar, which would either mean us all moving out there (unlikely) or seeing him one weekend a month for the duration, plus a family trip out there now and again, I suppose. The internet is a wonderful tool; we now know not only the attractions of Qatar (camel racing! pearls!) but also the drawbacks (nothing but hot sand, only one bookshop). Anyway, we'll have to see what transpires tomorrow. Je has already discovered that there's a 15 screen cinema in Doha (the main city).
It's Mum's last evening here. She and I went to see Dad this afternoon, which we both find incredibly stressful. I'll blog about that in more detail another time, perhaps, but suffice to say for now that a relationship which was difficult when the relative was hale and hearty does not magically improve when the relative has dementia, although one feels much guiltier as a consequence. But still.
And I am still enduring the tender salivary glands and unreasonable fatigue of the virus that has poleaxed me since Christmas. It's only about 7 weeks, but it seems like forever. Still, at leat Qatar research is a distraction, I suppose.

No comments: