The laptop just crashed while I was in the middle of a blog post, so here I am again, on the main PC for safety.
I haven't posted much recently, for a variety of reasons - lots of start-of-term stuff at school, problems with Internet access last week - once because our broadband was upgraded and the network settings were wrong, once because a telephone man chopped through the wire at the end of our road - and generally feeling that I couldn't add anything to the Katrina discussions that are going on everywhere. But here I am now.
What shall I blog about? I could blog about our quince harvest - I got a quince tree for my birthday, about 5 years ago. I asked John for it, because I thought quinces were so romantic and exotic, and are hard to find in the shops. This year, it's produced about 30 quinces, which raises the question of what you actually do with them. Lo and behold, a quick Google search provides the answer. It's a wonderful thing, the Internet.
I could blog about my anger with whatever organisation it is that regulates access to disabled parking badges in this country: Mum, who is 79 and has severe arthritis in her hip, has applied for a disabled badge. They won't give her one without an assessment, and she has now been waiting for the assessment appointment for about 10 weeks, with no indication of how long things take after that. I understand that they have fraudulent applicants and so forth, but why need it be so slow?
I could blog about E, who has just started an exciting scheme at school where they get group lessons on each of 6 musical instruments over the forthcoming year, so they can get an idea of whether they actually want to learn any of these instruments properly. She's come home with a little 1/2 size violin, and with bucketloads of enthusiasm. Mercifully, she's not allowed to use the bow for the first week.
I could blog about the chickens, who are much the same, except that two of the chicks have gone to new homes, and I'm currently worrying if the two we kept might be cockerels after all.
I could blog about what I'm reading - have just read "Shamen's Crossing", the new Robin Hobb, which I liked, but less than her Farseer series - I didn't get involved with the foresty people scenes, but found myself skipping them - never a good sign. And I'm currently buying some old Rosemary Sutcliffs from ebay.
Or I could go and count out leaflets for the school fundraising wrapping paper sale, and finish the washing up.
Yes, maybe I'll do that.
I'll try to be back sooner next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment