Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Paranormal literature gone - er - rampant...
Following recommendations on the blogosphere, I bought the first two Laurell K Hamilton/ Anita Blake vampire hunter books while we were in the USA. They were ideal holiday reading, good plots, inventive,erotic in places, interesting characters. So when we came back, I went to the library to see if they had any more, and got out the 10th in the series, "Narcissus in Chains". And for the first third of this very large book, I couldn't get my head around it. No plot at all, just bizarre porn scenes linked together by frail strands of narrative. I must say I never expected to read a book with a sadomasochistic tranvestite werehyena as a secondary character, and I don't imagine I'll ever read another one such. I don't want to go into too much detail, because my 10 year old reads this blog, but I'm really surprised - not shocked, surprised - that there is such a huge number of people who apparently want to read all this. I'd have thought it was a bit of a specialist taste, undead wereanimal porn, but maybe not. Anyway, I've struggled on and am now about 3/4 of the way through, and at least there's more of a plot again now. All very Velvet Underground, though. If anyone reading this thinks I'm missing the point here, do tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
undead wereanimal porn
snort!
my agent told me not to bother reading any anita blake past blue moon
Post a Comment