Sunday, April 10, 2005

Movement, at last!

I don't know if it's something in the air, but quite a lot of the writers whose blogs I regularly read seem to have been finding it hard to write recently. Holly Lisle is a case in point: she writes today that she's written more than 140K in pitches to try to sell a 100K novel. You have to admire that sort of determination. I am not at all sure that I would have that level of committment.
But anyway, I am delighted to report that I am at least writing again, the last two days, after a week or two when it seemed to be a process more prolonged than drawing teeth. The book I seem to be writing at the moment is a romantic contemporary melodrama, a Mary Stewart sort of thing. I read on the net that these are very unfashionable at the moment, but lots of people say they like reading them, so I kinda hope that I might be able to catch a very avant-garde wave, if it gets as far as being submitted, ever. If not, at least it's fun to try and write a hero I fancy, and I'll have a cast-iron excuse for it being rejected.
It won't get rejected if it doesn't get submitted, though, so I'd better keep on. I'd like the muse to send me a title, too. I don't have a set method of writing a book yet, I haven't written enough, but I'm not used to having no ** clue what the current work in progress is called. Subconscious, are you listening?

No comments: