Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Past the watershed

Well, so yesterday was my fortieth birthday. I've noticed that friends who've recently turned forty have divided into two groups, quite evenly: those who've had a huge party about it, and those who've kept a very low profile indeed. I certainly chose route a), and I had a great day yesterday. I had flowers from John as well as his sister (and I felt a real heel for whinging on here that the first lot of flowers were from her rather than him, but I'll be honest and not edit the post), and all the mums at school were really nice to me, and I had a lovely time last night at the local Thai restaurant, with a group of friends and my mother, and overall I think I did very well and was very lucky. And I'm not even having the party till May!
BUT I still don't seem to be doing any writing. Can't be helped.

No comments: