Today, I was sure, would be my first no-spend day of the new regime; except it wasn't, because I bought some dog tags on Etsy. They cost less than £6, and I'd been planning to get them for months, so it was neither wildly extravagant nor an ill-controlled impulse, but still, it's a shame that I didn't even realise what I was doing till some hours later. I can see this is going to be harder than I thought. I have a horrible mouth ulcer on the underside of my tongue, yet am strangely reluctant to go and buy any Bonjela to ease the pain - bizarre.
Still: not a bad day otherwise, though home usefulness curtailed by having to collect both girls from school on slightly spurious medical grounds. Painted the first coat on the last wall of our bedroom, so the end of another room is in sight: the house has about 16 rooms, depending how you count halls and lobbies and so forth, and I have painted 3 mostly rather small ones so far, so I am not without future toil here, but still encouraging. Definitely doing better with food: cold beef and piped potato and chickpea oven cakes (invented but good) tonight, and we finished the last Christmas mince pies, finally! And we received new food recycling bins from the council today; how sad that I found this quite exciting ; /
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment