Clearly I am being drawn deeper into that blogging mire (it's just as well I never tried drugs, as I seem to have an easily addicted personality), and have now installed a site counter. The free ones are public, so now everyone can see how busy, or quiet, this blog is. But hey: a) if there are very few visitors, nobody will know I have no online friends and b) since I claim not to want free plastic surgery, clearly I must be sufficiently comfortable in my skin not to mind being Alison no-friends anyway.
Not that I am comfortable in my skin, right now. I got sunburnt today, at a dog show, in thick cloud cover (it was even raining some of the time) and in temperatures so low that I had goosepimples most of the time. It was a bit of a double whammy - I forgot to take a coat so I was cold AND exposed to the lethal UV rays. I was outside for less than four hours, too. Given my ancestors have been living in the British climate for thousands of years, as far as I know, you'd think we'd have got adequate levels of skin pigment sorted out by now. Or maybe the ozone layer is getting thinner here as well as over Antarctica. Anyway, my off-white skin is now a gentle shade of pink. Remember the suncream, everyone : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment