J flew off to Hong Kong today, on his way down to Australia and New Zealand. This gives me almost three weeks as a (financially supported) single parent, which is really rather nice, as a temporary thing: I can go to bed when I want to, write when I feel like it, as long as I'm around when the children are home from school, and so forth. I hope I can make some solid progress on "Clutch of Pearls". I haven't touched it for well over a week: I had one of those nasty colds that aren't really proper flu, but still leave you poleaxed for days. So now I've lost the threads of both the book and the housework. I hope to get better control of both over the next few days. Maybe.
Holly Lisle's website - www.hollylisle.com - features her excellent writing diary, which includes little wordcounters showing her progress towards completion of her current novels. I found the wordcounter, on the Forward Motion website (linked from Holly's), but I can't work out how to get the counter displaying on this blog. Maybe it's impossible, or maybe I just don't know any html. My 10 year old daughter, OTOH, knows plenty of html, and she couldn't do it either. Anyway, it's working, sortof, as a link from the previous post to this one, and it updates as I update the counter, which is a bit cool, if not as icy as I'd hoped for.
I'll try to keep this blog going a bit more regularly now, but I need to stop for today. No writing done today, but, more crucially, school bags not yet packed either, and it's 10.30 pm already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment