Friday, January 14, 2005

Let's hope a blog doesn't just prove a distraction.

I'm writing this for my own benefit: I waste plenty of time trawling around the Internet, reading blogs and writing diaries written by other people, and maybe if I use my own blog to keep track of what I'm writing (or failing to write), then I'll be somewhat shamed into a bit more consistency. Failing that, at least I can write about humdrum life, I suppose. We'll see.
Tonight: Friday evening, trying to keep my promise of sending my first novel out to publisher/s before the end of January. I'll be 40 in March, and even if I can't control getting a book published by then, I certainly have no hope even of narrowly missing that ambition unless I send it out first. I've been writing and revising the thing for at least two years (intermittently, that is), and it's time to let it go.
So, I need to write a synopis, to send out with the first three chapters. I'm amazed just how hard that seems to be. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: